Top 5 Cars That Get The Most Speeding Tickets
If you are in the market for a new car, or just in a curious mood, you may be wondering what cars get the most amount of speeding tickets in the United States? As for the demographic of who the speeders are, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says that research shows that young drivers, especially teenagers, are the most likely to speed.
As far as the top cars that get the most speeding tickets, you probably have some cars in mind that you’re thinking you’ll see on the list, so let’s dive in and see how good your guesses are or if you are completely off the mark.
On your mark, get set..go!
1. Subaru WRX: According to Gear Patrol, 20 percent of Subaru WRX drivers have speeding violations on their records! With a horsepower of 268, the percentage of WRX drivers that have been ticketed for speeding is 60 percent higher than the national average! But, WRX has also been deemed one of the safest cars on the market after it earned the highest possible safety rating from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The WRX features new driver assist technology that according to Subaru can reduce the rate of rear-end accidents by up to 85 percent.
2. Scion FR-S: A close second to the Subaru WRX, Gear Patrol says 19 percent of these drivers have speeding violations. After all, it was designed with a sports-car feel in mind, so it looks like they have accomplished that goal with many speedsters choosing it as their car of choice. Car and Driver Magazine said the FR-S offers a “sports car agility on a budget.” It has a horsepower of 200.
3. Volkswagen GTI: 17 percent of these drivers have speeding violations, according to Gear Patrol. Perhaps not too surprising since the GTI is designed to be a higher-performing car the traditional Golf. The GTI has a high-power engine that exceeds the capacities of its standard counterpart. The horsepower for the GTI is 210.
4. Hyundai Genesis Coupe: Gear Patrol reports that 16 percent of people who drive this car have speeding violations. You may surprised to see a Hyundai on this list, but the Genesis Coupe has a six-speed manual, rear wheel drive and starts at 100 horsepower. It also has the option to go up to 348-hp 3.8 liter V6. The Genesis’ option for a 348 horsepower makes it the highest horsepower on the list.
5. Jeep Wrangler Unlimited: Another vehicle that you maybe don’t associate with speeding, but Gear Patrol says 15 percent of these Jeep drivers have speeding violations. The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is a pricer option for the speedsters as well and is larger than the traditional Jeep Wrangler. It has a reported horsepower of 285.
According to Insurify, 11.28 percent of drivers have a speeding violation on record. As you can see by this list of top cars that get the most speeding tickets, they are well above that average. The next time you see one of these cars on the road, move over and let them pass you!